PrideMART is the business fair held during the annual Pride Winnipeg Festival at the Forks.
Update Regarding COVID-19
Updated: March 16, 2020
There is a lot of uncertainty right now with everything going on around COVID-19 and we wanted to provide you with an update. At this time the Winnipeg Pride Festival has not been cancelled and is planned to continue with added safety and cleanliness precautions. However, the circumstances of COVID-19 are changing daily and we may need to adapt. We, together with Pride Winnipeg and The Forks, are monitoring the situation and taking advice from public health officials. We appreciate your patience during this time of uncertainty.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Pride Festival cancelled?
No, at this time the festival will still be held. However, this could change quickly. We will communicate with vendors with any updates.
2. I applied to be a vendor, what is the status of my application?
Until we have more clarity on whether the festival will proceed, we are not reviewing or approving applications. We will provide a further update to applicants later in March.
3. Should I still apply to be a vendor?
Yes, if you are interested in being a vendor at PrideMART please complete the application form. Because of the uncertainty, we will not be collecting payment until closer to the event.
4. Will I receive a refund if PrideMART is cancelled?
Yes, if the event is cancelled due to COVID-19 we will issue a refund to vendors.
What’s new in 2020
- Bigger and better layout for PrideMART! For 2020, PrideMART will have a new layout on the festival grounds. This will give us the best traffic flow, with the new festival grounds layout for Canada Pride 2020, The new location will be right between the main stage area and the new Canada Village (A new spot that for years has never been used.) This area will have all the traffic between the stages. Pride Winnipeg has been working on finding an area that had even more traffic for PrideMart with the increase for Canada Pride. The official map will be released in March at the Pride Winnipeg press conference.
- Even more programming on Saturday to drive even more festival traffic. Saturday will continue to feature local artists on the main stage and will now include a two-spirit pow-wow, Kids Zone & Canada Village at The Forks. Saturday programming also includes the Trans March and Pride Run.
- Again, this year we are adhering to the updated environmental standards of The Forks. This means no single-use containers (such as disposable water bottles). Only compostable packaging is permitted. No plastic bags or non-reusable containers. Staff and security from The Forks will be enforcing this and may remove non-compliant items or vendors.
- You will need to apply to participate in PrideMART. We have so many great organizations wanting to take part each year but only have space for about forty vendors. To ensure that we have a good mix of businesses that reflect the diversity of the LGBT* communities, we will be selecting which organizations can participate. Special consideration will be given to LGBT*-owned businesses and members of the Manitoba LGBT* Chamber of Commerce.
- No change in pricing! You can still choose the level of service appropriate for your business. The PrideMART Preferred Vendor pricing tier gives priority placement and added visibility. See below for details on all pricing tiers.
- Chamber members continue to receive a 50% discount.
PrideMART takes place on Saturday, May 30 and Sunday, May 31 at The Forks.
|PrideMART Preferred Vendor||$1000|
|Not for Profit/Gov’t||$300|
- PrideMART Preferred Vendors receive the following added benefits:
- Guaranteed spot in PrideMART
- Choice of location
- Custom signage identifying you as a preferred vendor
- Ability to bring your own branded tent
- Electrical hookup available
- All spaces are 10′ x 10′ and include a tent, 2 tables, and 2 chairs.
- Prices include space for both days
- The local artisans area has been discontinued.
- Applications are available exclusively online here
- Applicants will be advised by email prior to April 1 whether they can participate.
- Please consider the environment. We are operating PrideMART in accordance with the environmental standards of The Forks. This means no single-use containers (such as disposable water bottles). All packaging must be compostable. Avoid using plastic bags. Avoid handing out mass brochures that will simply end up on the ground, instead offer a branded promotional item with no packaging.
- Avoid handing out condoms on their own, since many end up on the ground. Consider putting together a kit that includes several useful items.
- Your booth is 10’ x 10’ and includes two 30” x 96″ tables and two chairs. Electrical or water hook-ups are not available. Only PrideMART Preferred Vendors are permitted to bring their own tent.
- Keep in mind that Pride is a family event. So please avoid any offensive or inappropriate display items or material.
- PrideMART is open from 12:30 PM until 5:00 PM on both Saturday and Sunday. We ask that all exhibitors be set up by 12:00 PM. Any vacant spots may be given away at that time. Any materials or displays left at 9:00 PM on Sunday will be generously donated to a local dumpster. (Our cost for cleaning up after you is $50/hour.)
- Vehicles are not permitted on the festival grounds. This includes for setup and tear down. Contact email@example.com if you have concerns.
- We want to keep PrideMART enjoyable for all our visitors and exhibitors. Therefore, we reserve the right to request any exhibitor to remove anything we deem inappropriate. We also reserve the right to expel any exhibitors who choose to ignore any of our suggestions above.
- We hope that all exhibitors can attend. But if something comes up, we can cancel your space for a partial refund prior to May 28. After that, we will not process refunds.
For any questions about PrideMART contact firstname.lastname@example.org.